The ICMA Coaching Program will hold a free webinar on Thursday, October 20th, 2016 from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., ET on “Survival Skills for Managers.”
While managing in local government has many rewards, it also has many challenges. Learn key insights and skills to survive and thrive.
Advance registration required for this no-charge webinar.
- What are the major challenges facing managers in local government?
- How have managers found effective ways to address these challenges and thrive?
- What’s on the horizon and how can you prepare for the future?
- What resources are available to support you?
* Kevin Duggan, ICMA West Coast Regional Director
* Rebecca Fleury, City Manager, Battle Creek, MI
* Tim Madigan, ICMA Senior Advisor, MN Cities Ambassador
Audience: managers at all levels
- Register for the Webinar:
There is no charge for participating in the webinars, but each requires advance registration.
NOTE: Please white list “firstname.lastname@example.org” to receive confirmation email for the webinar.
Can’t make the live webinar? Register for the webinar and get an automatic email notice when the digital recording is available.
- Connect with the webinar and audio:
Use your logon information from the email confirmation you receive via email from GoToWebinar. We recommend the telephone option dial-in number provided by GoToWebinar for sound quality. Depending upon your internet connection, VOIP option for audio (computer speakers) can have delays or sound quality issues.
- Ask questions:
You may submit questions anonymously via email to ICMACoaching@donmaruska.com in advance or via the webinar during the panel discussion. As moderator for the session, Don Maruska will pose the questions.
- Presenters’ presentation materials: We post these with the Agenda at “Agendas & Archives” tab of http://icma.org/coachingwebinars. The PPT will be available 24 hours before the webinar.
After a webinar occurs, a digital recording along with a PDF of the presentation materials and results of the polling questions will be available after 24 hours at the “Agendas & Archives” tab of http://icma.org/coachingwebinars.
Post-Webinar Group Discussions:
Many agencies are organizing groups to participate in the webinars (live or recorded) and discuss the topics among themselves after the webinars. Some are summarizing their discussions and distributing them to managers throughout their organizations. Use the Coaching Program as an effective way to enhance professional development in your agency. Here are some discussion starters for this session.
- What challenges are most pressing for managers in our agency?
- What strategies and tactics sound promising to help us thrive?
- What resources would we like to explore further?
MORE RESOURCES–See http://icma.org/coaching for valuable resources to boost your career. There are new videos and downloadable materials for 1-1 Coaching and Talent Development. Sign up for the complimentary email list at http://icma.org/coachinglist to keep informed of the details for future ICMA Coaching Program sessions and other resources.
The ICMA Coaching Program is available without charge through the generosity of Platinum Sponsor ICMA-RC, Gold Sponsors ICMA and Cal-ICMA, and the 25 ICMA State Association Coaching Partners California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.