Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: “Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience and Excellent Benefits Package”
Responsible administrative and professional work in assisting and working with the City Manager, must be able to provide operational coordination and assistance in areas as assigned. Must be able to identify issues, assess alternatives, provide information, coordinate resources, and facilitate solutions to assure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the established goals and objectives of the City in accordance with the policies determined by the City Council, City Charter and applicable laws and ordinances. Serves as a key member of the City’s Leadership Team, and reports to the City Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are illustrative for this position. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Exercises general supervision over the activities of various departments and divisions of the City Government.
- Implements City-wide strategic initiatives and policies.
- Develops and implements work programs, policies and procedures.
- Initiates and carries to completion special programs/projects as directed by the City Manager.
- Makes investigations and prepares reports on a variety of subjects.
- Assists Department Directors in the preparation of reports as needed.
- Prepares the administrative budget and analyzes departmental budget requests.
- Attends various meetings, conferences and other programs.
- Prepares various communications.
- Represents the City Manager at various meetings.
- Assumes all duties of the City Manager during his absence from the City, as directed.
- Directs the comprehensive Emergency Management Planning function for the City.
- Exercises supervision in the design, development, construction and operation of municipal projects.
- Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements, per the City’s requirements. Develops long-range planning, goal setting, and work programs.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, City, State and federal laws and ordinances, standards, contract requirements, and related specifications.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the units assigned by the City Manager. Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in assigned Departments and may also directly supervise non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field supplemented by course work in management required. Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field preferred. Five (5) years of experience in a responsible administrative or management position in local government administration or private business directly related to the duties as described in the job description. Experience in Economic Development or Community Planning preferred. Florida experience preferred. A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Florida Driver’s License and maintenance of clean driving record.