VACANCY DATE: April 2017
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Interns are expected to exercise independent judgement in solving most problems and work under the general supervision of the Finance Director. Hours can be flexible so that it is accommodating a class schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- City-wide Fee Schedule: Coordinate the drafting of the City’s first city-wide fee schedule for City Commission approval during the budget process.
- Management Report: Convert the current monthly management reports from Directors to the City Manager on the status of projects and department initiatives. Currently, these reports are provided by each Director in a different format, while the goal would be do have a consistent format and can be aligned with the projects from the City’s newly adopted Strategic Plan.
- Assist in the re-design and implementation of new budget pages that takes advantage of technology more efficiently while streamlining the processes from budget entry to publication of the Budget Document.
- Other analytical/research and support of the City Manager and Finance Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
- Knowledge of clerical and general office methods including, office terminology, procedures, routines, account and file maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic public administration terminology and principals.
- Ability to apply such knowledge to work problems.
- Ability to perform work on a computer, and to enter, access and retrieve data from various software programs, in particular Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and or related field.
Currently enrolled in an accredited MS/MA program, preferably a MPA program.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
– Acceptable eyesight (with or without corrections).
– Acceptable hearing (with or without aid).
– Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
– Ability to access input and retrieves information from a computer.
– Works inside in an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)