These free programs will be presented by the U.S. Census Bureau Atlanta Regional Office Geography Department. You may find the schedule and register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020LUCATECHNICAL
The purpose of the Local Update of Census Address (LUCA) trainings are to provide the technical details for participation, including map and address list updating, geocoding, and other details. Training workshops are expected to be three hours in duration.
- The purpose of LUCA and ways it can benefit your community.
- What is new for LUCA this decade?
- The LUCA deadline schedule for the coming year.
- How to start your analysis and develop a plan for your LUCA review.
- How to update your electronic and paper address lists and maps.
- An overview of the Geographic Update Partnership Software (GUPS).
The 2020 Census LUCA FAQ document can be found here: https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/partnerships/luca/2020LUCA_FAQ.pdf
If you have any LUCA-related questions, please contact the Geography Department of the Atlanta Regional Office of the Census Bureau at (404) 331-1339.