The FCCMA Student Council was formed in an effort to provide representation for public administration students to the Florida City and County Management Association, and to educate and stimulate student involvement in Florida local government affairs.
The Goals of the Council:
To promote interests beneficial to the students
- To act as a voice of the students to the Florida City and County Management Association
- To assist the Florida City and County Management Association in communicating state-wide issues to students
- To provide an opportunity for developing local government management leadership among students
- To consider matters of public policy and their implementations
If you are interested in serving on the FCCMA Student Council please email Michael Pleus, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Recruit Student members.
- Attend job/career fairs.
- Serve as contact/liaison with the Universities.
- Monitor/work with the ICMA Student Chapter(s) at Florida Universities.
- Internship program-Work with FARC on development/feasibility of Richard G. Simmons Internship and/or how to reinstitute the tri-city/county internship.