FCCMA 2015 Fall Symposium
“Recognizing, Respecting and Raising Your Cultural Intelligence”
How Diversity and Inclusion Impacts Your Community’s Character
November 5, 2015 • 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, EST
Wayne G. Sanborn Center • 815 S. Alabama Street • DeLand, FL
Registration Deadline · October 29, 2015
Moderators/Facilitators: Jonathan Evans, City Manager, Haines City; Alan Rosen, Interim Assistant City Manager, City of Port Orange; Ade Aderibigbe, Nova Southeastern University
8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am – 9:15 am Welcome by FCCMA – Michael Pleus, President and City Manager, Deland
9:15 am – 9:45 am Generational Diversity – Millennials In Local Govt.
- Introduction of Speakers (Alan Rosen)
- Presenters: Andy Johnson, Special Projects Coordinator, Leon County; and Michelle Tipton, ICMA Management Fellow, City of Clearwater
9:45 am – 10:00 am Break (Transitional Period)
10:00 am – 11:45 am Fostering A Diverse And Inclusive Public Organization
- Introduction of Speakers (Jonathan Evans)
- Presenters: April Robinson, Dean of Academic Affairs, Polk State College; Kandace Tappen, Human Resources Director, Haines City; and Norton N. Bonaparte, City Manager, Sanford
11:45 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm – 2:45 pm Raising Your Cultural Intelligence
- Introduction of Speakers (Ade Aderibigbe)
- Presenters: Loretta Monroe Calvin, President & Chief Strategist, Monroe Consulting Group; and John Norris, President, Group Dynamics & Strategy Training Assoc. Inc.
2:45 pm – 3:00 pm Closing Remarks
Past President (FCCMA) – Jill Silverboard, Assistant City Manager, Clearwater
3:00 pm Adjournment
Click here to download the brochure.
Click here to register online.