The 2015 Transforming Local Government Conference (TLG) will move our gaze forward to the coming trends and realities of what lies ahead, exploring what organizations should be doing now to prepare for Our Community 2025. How do we prepare to provide services in the coming years? What is our succession plan? How are we preparing for communication between employees and citizens?
This dynamic program will take place April 13-15 in Phoenix, Arizona. The conference is presented by the Alliance for Innovation and hosted by the City of Phoenix and Arizona City/County Management Association, in conjunction with Avondale, Mesa, Gilbert, Goodyear, Peoria, Scottsdale, Sierra Vista, Coconino County, Maricopa County, Navajo County, and Arizona State University School of Public Affairs.
Attendees from Florida will have the opportunity to hear from their fellow Floridians Clearwater and Pinellas County, along with over 20 more of the top innovations from across the US and Canada selected from the pool of over 80 applications the Alliance received. You will learn about some of the most innovative programs developed directly from the teams that created and operated them. Case Study topics focus on four major categories:
- Organizational Design – focusing on organizational transformation, cultural changes, performance excellence, and human resource innovation, preparing the workforce of the future.
- Open and Transparent Government – utilizing both technology and communication strategies around big data and open data, for example dashboards among other sources.
- Collaboration – partnerships, regionalism, shared services as well as new and innovative approaches to citizen engagement, including engaging around demographic changes and underserved populations impacting communities in the future.
- Resiliency – steps to take now to strengthen future community resiliency economically, emotionally and environmentally.
Also, three nationally recognized keynote speakers have been selected to anchor the program each day.
- Tom Kelley is the best-selling author of Creative Confidence, The Art of Innovation and The Ten Faces of Innovation as well as a partner at the renowned design and innovation consultancy IDEO.
- Lauren Leader-Chivée, founder and CEO of All In Together, will address what organizations will look like in 2025 and what qualities will be needed to lead them in her future focused keynote.
- DoSomething.org CEO Nancy Lublin enjoys building exciting things out of people and ideas. Fortune named her one of the “World’s 50 Greatest Leaders.” In her keynote address, Nancy will prove how ingenuity and an active offense can bring great success.
Register by February 28 to take advantage of the early bird registration rate – a 10% savings! Visit www.tlgconference.org to learn more about the conference, to view the full program, to register and to book your room.