HELPING GOVERNMENT FINANCE ORGANIZATIONS FILL THE GAP
The FGFOA is excited to offer this new program that provides a listing of Finance Professionals (members) who will provide temporary staffing to local governments that are in need of assistance due to retirements, extended vacancies, special projects or peak workloads. FGFOA members have thousands of years of expertise and many of them are looking for part-time or temporary positions. At the same time, many local governments find themselves in need of an expert to help them thru a specific event or situation, but lack the resources to hire a full-time position. The FGFOA hopes to bring these two groups together as we continue to elevate the governmental finance profession across the state.
- Are you new to your Government agency? Could you use an experienced professional to help you get started?
- Do you need to streamline current practices?
- Do you need temporary help to meet deadlines such as the budget and audit?
- Do you need help preparing your CAFR or your Budget?
- Do you need someone to fill in temporarily in a key Finance/Budget position?
This program is designed to help government organizations utilize the expertise and knowledge of FGFOA retirees and members in transition.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
FGFOA provides a listing of participants in the program. It is up to the government to further vet the participant(s) selected to ensure that you get the best fit for the needs of your organization. It is up to the participant and the government to agree on a fee for their services.
- Review the Information/Bio to find the participant(s) with the best knowledge, skills, experience and fit for your agency.
- Contact the participant(s) to discuss your needs and ensure that their qualifications meet your needs.
- Check the provided references of the participants.
- Discuss/determine the particulars of the engagement (i.e., fee, work location, term, etc.) and select the participant that best fills your needs.
Click here to view a dedicated page on the FGFOA website.
Click here to complete an application for the Temporary Finance Professional Network.